Sunday 3 July 2016

Introducing Teddy - Jessica Walton and Dougal MacPherson

Introducing Teddy (Paperback)

Errol and Thomas the Teddy play together every day until one day when Thomas doesn't feel like playing. Errol encourages Teddy to tell him what's wrong but Teddy is afraid Thomas will no longer be his friend. When Thomas convinces Teddy to speak up, Teddy says, "I need to be myself, Errol. In my heart, I've always known that I'm a girl teddy, not a boy teddy." 
Thomas doesn't care because, "all that matters is that you are my friend".

Thomas and Teddy call their friend Eva and introduce her to Teddy's new name, Tilly. The three go and play together.

This is a super book to explore transgender identity and acceptance. The characters are fantastic role models, making the transition during the story as uncomplicated as possible and showering the focus character with support and positive affirmation.

Every school needs this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment